Infertility treatments include a variety of techniques and technologies. The treatment of infertility can be divided into the following categories: Fertility drugs, surgical treatments and assisted conception.
- Fertility drugs include:
- Clomifene: blocks a bio feedback mechanism with the pituitary gland for five days, then when drug is discontinued the pituitary gland releases excessive gonadotrophin hormones, which may increase ovulation. This manipulation may also create imbalance with the bio feedback system.
- Gonadotrophin (LH and FSH) containing drugs which help stimulate the ovaries.
- GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone).
- Metformin, a drug used for diabetes, but is thought to help with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- Infertility Surgical treatments include:
- Tubal ligation reversal and tubal cannulation (clear obstructed fallopian tube) and reconstruction of damaged end of tube.
- Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, scar tissue and uterus abnormalities, uterine fibroids and polyps.
- Male varicocele surgery and sperm extraction.
- Assisted conception include:
- IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination)
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), medicated, low stimulation and without stimulating drugs (also called natural IVF). ZIFT (Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer).
- Egg donation, surrogacy, ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), Assisted hatching, egg freezing.
There is, however, another approach that is emerging amongst many couples hoping to conceive. Technology is indeed impressive but, today, many people look back to nature. Many are weary of “advancements” with uncertain and experimental future. For some there is a sense of comfort when they act and react in a way that lasted many generations, in a way that is predictable. In a word, many still hope to get pregnant simply by having intercourse with their partner without intervention in the natural process. It is true, we need new solutions to new problems, but how do we find these solutions? There are really two possibilities, the first is to find new solutions that the human mind invents, the second is to discover solutions that are already there in the workings of nature, but are in the past and maybe the present still beyond our ability to recognize them. The second option does not ask for new inventions, which are outside the way of nature. The second option looks for new solutions by discovering the things that are already there. Off course, the biggest “flaw” of the second option is that you cannot patent it and then profit from it. If it is there in nature it cannot be your invention.
The infertility treatments of the future are with discovering what the human body can do, when and how it can recover its natural ability. These future infertility treatments discover how fertility can increase naturally. It is the most cutting edge advancement possible. Imagine! An infertile patient becomes fertile with almost no intervention. This is an entirely new paradigm.
Hunyuan medicine strives to advance in this direction. The “technology” revolves around practitioners who contemplate in their hearts the meaning of life and the meaning of creating a new life. The advancement happens by understanding gradually deeper what does nature has in place already. For example, how is life carried from the woman into the egg? How does the life in the egg changes when it meets a sperm? These questions are not about inventing something new, but rather understanding what is already there but still unknown. Naturally, modern fertility bio-technology companies ask these questions too, but they always have the goal of inventing something new, something that they can patent. This is, possibly, why they may look around it but can’t find it. The secret is with finding what is already there, and not with inventing something that is not yet there. Hunyuan medicine talks about the life in the egg and the sperm and calls it a Pivot; the female unification energy carried from the mother into the egg, and the male separation energy carried from the father into the sperm. Hunyuan medicine realizes that finding more about this Pivot means finding what is already there. To solve the problem one must realize first what is the problem. The wheel does not need to be invented; it just needs to be discovered. Technology is excellent but nature is superior. Couples who find difficulty with conceiving often feel that “naturally” didn’t work. The truth is that nature needs yet to be discovered. The principle by which nature performs optimally and harmoniously is not always apparent. There are many theories how one should live their life, but there is only one way that it will work harmoniously resulting with the longest possible life. The same is with fertility. There are many theories and they often fluctuate with the times as customs and technology changes, but there is only one way how nature will perform its best and create the most fertility for a man and a woman. Tapping into this specific point is the fertility medicine of the future. Hunyuan medicine is at this fertility forefront.
The next blog will discuss ‘how to improve my egg Pivot?’ as an adjunct to infertility treatment.
Hunyuan Blog http://hunyuancenter.com/blog